Anxiety from sugar is the result of a metabolic disorder that obviously involves excessive consumption, generally the result of two fundamental routes. The first is related to excess insulin secretion, which causes reactive hypoglycemia. The other is connected to a compensation system of our brain, specifically with the secretion of two neurotransmitters called dopamine and serotonin, which are linked with happiness, that is why eating sugars will always make us feel pleasure.
But this can be controlled, with decisiveness, firmness, and having clear the negative consequences of its consumption, in the following way:
- Do not eat sugar, the more sugar you eat, the more dependent you will be.
- Eat every 3 to 4 hours, so you avoid hypoglycemia.
- Always accompany carbohydrates with protein. Proteins fills you up much longer.
- Eat fats. They satiate us like no other nutrient.
- Focus on a special activity: exercise, work, dance, talk to someone when you have anxiety.
- Do not be tempted by sugar at home.
Stopping the anxiety from consuming sugar is not as difficult as it seems, it is a simple decision, when you do things consciously, attentive to what happens around you, it simply becomes a habit.