For the filling:
- 500 gr of boneless short ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped in brunoise (very small cubes)
- 3 chopped chives on small wheels
- ½ tablespoon of paprika
- ⅓ teaspoon of cumin
- 3 oil tablespoons
- 4 parboiled eggs
For the dough:
- 1 package of frozen dough discs for empanadas
- 1 beaten egg
- Chop the beef into small squares ¼ inch thick, set aside.
- In a cauldron or pot large enough to add oil and over high heat, sauté the onion until browning, then add the meat stirring it constantly until it changes color.
- Add the paprika and cumin and leave to cook uncovered until the meat begins to sweat for 40 minutes stirring constantly or until the meat is soft.
- Add the chopped scallion and the parboiled eggs crushed, season with salt and pepper and let cool.
- To assemble the empanadas, take a dough disk, wet the edges with water, add a spoonful of the filling and close the disk by pressing the edges with a fork.
- Put on a baking tray and baste with a brush with the beaten egg, bake at 380 F⁰ until browned for 20 minutes.