- 6 egg yolks
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- A lime rind
- ½ cup of Venezuelan rum (I use Cacique)
- In a pot large enough, cook the milk at low temperature. Separately beat the egg yolks.
- Add the egg yolks to the milk and the lime rind. Then a teaspoon of vanilla and nutmeg.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and always leave it to cook at a low temperature to prevent the yolks from clotting.
- Let the mixture rest a while as to lower the temperature of the liquid, which at this point should be somewhat thick.
- Add the condensed milk, rum, and mix well. Let stand until it is at room temperature and pass the mixture through the blender.
- Bottle in previously sterilized glass containers, covered and store it in the refrigerator.