For the avocado spread:
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 1 tablespoon of lemon
For the assembly:
- 2 slices of crusty bread 1.5 inches thick by 4 inches long
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ripe cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 8 Mozzarella pearls or 3 oz. of chopped Mozzarella cheese
- Glazed balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- To do the avocado spread:
- Chop the avocado in half and with the help of a spoon remove the pulp from the avocado and put it in a bowl.
- Lemon and salt are added to taste and processed with a fork to form a paste that is not very homogeneous.
- In this case it is good to feel the pieces of avocado in the preparation.
To build the toast:
- Put the bread in a preheated pan with a touch of butter until toasting on both sides, remove from the pan and let cool.
- Then place half of the avocado preparation in each slice and spread well.
- Place 4 pieces of tomato on each slice and 4 mozzarella pearls.
- Add a pinch of salt and sprinkle with the glazed balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- To finish, garnish with chopped basil.