- 1 cup of beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 20 large shrimp (size 16/15), peeled and deveined
- Preheat a deep fryer or a deep pot filled halfway with oil at 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine beer, flour and salt, and let stand at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Dry the shrimp with paper towels, pass them through a little wheat flour and then dip them in the dough and fry them for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp on paper towels.
- Serve with cabbage salad and a tartar sauce.